Activities & Tourism
Between the sea and the mountains
The hotel "Princess & Richmond" offers you the chance to enjoy a unique stay between the sea and the mountains.
Thanks to its exceptional geographic location, its varied landscapes and its many influences, Menton has many charms.
Gardens, Museums, Historic Sites, Walks, Water sports, plenty to do according to your tastes and the seasons. Here are a few suggestions for visits:
- The Jean Cocteau Museum, Séverin Wunderman collection
- The Wedding room decorated by Jean Cocteau
- The Prehistoric Museum
- Carnolès Palace which is home to the largest collection of citrus fruit in Europe
- Gardens: Fontana Rosa, Serre de la Madone, Val Rameh
- The Lavoir Theatre, one of our partners
Many hiking trails, including the GR5 long-distance hiking trail, will offer you the chance to discover the hills overlooking the sea and to visit the Salt Road. You will also be able to walk alongside the sea to Monaco along the customs officers' path and visit Le Corbusier's cabin.
Practical information Haut and Moyen Pays:
- Walks on the upper reaches of Menton
- Mercantour National Park
- Roya Valley
- Merveilles Valley
- At the gateway to the town, the charms of Italy in Bordighera and San Remo, not to mention the traditional market in Ventimiglia.
- The Principality of Monaco
- The natural harbour in Villefranche-sur-Mer,
- Nice, its old town and the many museums
- St Paul de Vence (Maeght Foundation)
- The Casino Barrière in Menton
- For the more athletic, a large range of activities are available in Menton: water sports, tennis, golf, fishing, and many more.
You want to book a table at a restaurant, choose a show, or find out about an itinerary, an opening time, a good address, information about the programme of sporting or artistic events in our region and the best way to get there?
The entire team of the Hotel "Princess & Richmond" is at your service and will help to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
The Lemon Festival
The capital of Lemons, with exceptional gardens, protected by the surrounding mountains, Menton is famous for its mild climate and is ideally located for visiting the French and the Italian Riviera and the hilltop villages in the nearby mountains,
Known as the "Pearl of France" (E. RECLUS), it has welcomed many artists and writers over the years.
Thanks to its attractions and its past, it has deservedly been awarded the "Town of Art and History" label.
The Lemon Festival, one of the major events in Menton, celebrates this citrus fruit in the middle of February every year. Grown in the town or in the immediate surroundings, it is greatly appreciated by Michelin-star Chefs. Events, processions, shows and exhibitions are organised for your enjoyment.
The decorations made with citrus fruit light up the winter sun with their radiant colours. Wonder and amazement to delight young and old.
Lemon festival official website